Computer Network Architect
Job Opening: Computer Network Architect
Company Name: FIXSTREAM NETWORKS, INC.
Job Location: San Jose, California, USA
- Provide architect solutions for company’s main platform and computer network functionality; lead technical requirements definition; work with R&D and product team on all aspects of network development process, design, develop, analyze, maintain, and modify network features
- Confer with clients to gather requirements, assess network and hardware/software needs; with in-depth knowledge in Datacenter and Cloud environment, design and customize hardware/software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency
- Visualize business services, applications, servers, storage and networks in all their complexity. Work with R&D and product team to develop product requirements and roadmap.
- Evaluate network designs to determine whether customer requirements are met efficiently and effectively; create best practice documents for network design, maintain and troubleshoot networks by performing activities such as file addition, deletion, or backup
- Monitor and analyze network performance and data to detect problems, identify inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing software or programs to increase network operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
- Build and update the in-house network lab to cover different complex designs and scenarios to be used for testing the product to ensure the quality and compliance. Provide subject matter expertise to the product QA team to help validate all scenarios. Expand the lab setup continuously to keep pace with the new feature support of the product. Review the QA test plans for coverage and validate the results
- Conduct technology R&D to identify relevant technologies and spearhead adoption within the platform – via proof of concept, mockups, ideation etc. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Develop validated/tested/working specifications for product development sprints that can be integrated within the product by development/engineering team
- Create network system disaster recovery plans. Design, develop or recommend network security measures including routers, switches firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes. See here to learn more about network firewalls.
- Develop procedures to track, project, or report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization.
Job Requirements: Job entails working with and requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent with 5 years of experience including: Service Provider and datacenter network design and migrations, MPLS, L3VPN, VPC, VDC, FC, FCoE, iSCSI, FabricPath, vCenter, Hyper-V, Cisco UCS – B and C series server chassis, MDS SAN switches, and test tools including Spirent Test Center and Ixia.
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience. This should be read to mean that the employer requires: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent with 5 year of experience in the job offered, Software Engineer, Network Software Engineer, or equivalent.
To apply please mention Job Code CNA01 and mail resumes to: FIXSTREAM NETWORKS, INC., 2001 Gateway Place, Suite 520W, San Jose, CA 95110